Lost River Barn
9580 Howards Lick Road
Mathias, WV 26812
We do not recommend following GoogleMaps and GPS. It charts the most direct route as the crow flies but will put you on mountainous dirt road passes. If you have the extra time and you’re into this, it’s doable and scenic, but it’s back woods, and will take significantly longer to get to the barn.
To get to Lost River Barn from the D.C. area and points east:
- Take I-66 to I-81 south. You’ll only go a few miles on I-81.
- Take exit 296 to 55 west. Go over mountain and come to town of Wardensville. (OBEY SPEED LIMIT)
- Continue through Wardensville on 55. (On West side of town, 55 expands to a four-lane divided highway.)
- Proceed approximately 7 miles, exit at Baker, turn LEFT off exit ramp, follow signs to Baker and Lost River State Park.
- Go approximately 1 mile. LEFT at 259 south, (BP gas station at corner). There’s a sign for Lost River State Park.
- Go about 10 miles on 259. Come to town of Mathias. There is a PURE gas station and a fire house.
- Turn RIGHT on to Howards Lick Road. You will see more signs to Lost River State Park.
- From this point it is about ten miles to Lost River Barn. You are pretty much going up now.
- We’re a big yellow barn with a red roof on RIGHT side of the road: 9580 Howards Lick Road